Town Board Meeting Agendas
Town of Paonia
Tuesday, July 11, 2017
Regular Town Board Meeting agenda
- call to order
- Roll Call
- Approval of agenda
- unfinished business*
- Written Opinion by Town Attorney Reviewing Executive Session Conducted on April 11, 2017, E-mails Reviewed in the Executive Session, Trustee Brunner’s Editorial Published in the Delta County Independent on May 24, 2017, Trustee Brunner’s Statements to KVNF Broadcast on May 24, 2017, Trustee Brunner’s Statements at the June 13, 2017 Town Board Meeting, and Determining whether there was a Violation of the Open Meetings Law and whether Trustee Brunner’s Editorial, Statements to KVNF and Statements During the June 13, 2017 Town Board Meeting Violated Colorado Statutes, Town Ordinances, Town Rules, or the Board’s Standards of Conduct
- new BUSINESS*
- Cirque Cyclery, LLC dba Remedy Liquor License Renewal
- Linda M. Little dba Linda’s 3rd Street Bistro Liquor License Renewal
- Creek Vista Crossing HOA Request – Speed Limit on Vista Drive
- Discussion of possible Mill Levy Increase at request of Finance Committee and Town Treasurer
- Resolution 2017-10 Rules & Procedures for Board of Trustees Meetings
- REGULAR Business *
- Mayor’s Report
- Town Administrator’s Report
- Public Works Report
- Police Department Report
- Town Treasurer Report
- Committee Reports
- Finance & Personnel
- Public Works/Utilities/Facilities
- Governmental Affairs/Public Safety
- June 27, 2017 Regular Meeting
AS ADOPTED BY RESOLUTION 2015-01
RULES OF PROCEDURE AND CONDUCT
FOR TOWN OF PAONIA BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETINGS
Section 1. Schedule of meetings – Regular Board of Trustees meetings will be held on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month, except on legal holidays. Meetings begin at 7:00 p.m. or as scheduled and posted on the agenda.
Section 2. Officiating officer – The meetings of the Board of Trustees shall be conducted by the Mayor or, in his absence, by the Mayor Pro Tem. The Town Clerk or a designee will record the minutes of the meeting.
Section 3. Time of meetings – Meetings begin at 7:00 p.m. or as scheduled and posted on the agenda. The members shall be called to order by the Mayor. The Mayor shall lead the Pledge of Allegiance. The Town Clerk shall then proceed to call the roll, note the absentees and announce whether a quorum is present.
Section 4. Schedule of Business – If a quorum is present, the Board of Trustees shall proceed with the business before it, which may be conducted in the following manner:
(a) Roll Call.
(b) Approval of agenda.
(e) Unfinished business.
(f) New business.
(g) Regular business:
- Mayor’s Report.
- Town Administrator’s Report.
- Public Works Report.
- Police Report.
- Committee/Meeting Reports:
Section 5. Priority and Order of Business – the Mayor may determine the priority and order of business without debate, subject in all cases to an appeal by the Board of Trustees.
Section 6. Presentations to the Board – Items on the agenda presented by individuals, businesses or other organizations will be given 2 to 5 minutes to make a presentation. On larger issues presenters will be given more time, as determined beforehand by the Mayor. After the presentation, Trustees will be given time to ask questions or make comments after being recognized by the Mayor.
Section 7. Public Comment – after discussion of agenda items has been completed by the Board of Trustees, the public and members of the media will be allowed the opportunity to comment or ask questions on the agenda item. Each member of the public wishing to address the Town Board shall raise his or her hand to be recognized. After being recognized by the Mayor, the individual shall rise and state their name, the address of their residence and any group they are representing prior to making comment or asking a question. Comments or questions will be directed to the Mayor or presiding officer, not to an individual trustee or other Town employee.
Section 8. Content of Comments – Comments or questions should be confined to the agenda item or issue(s) under discussion. The speaker should offer factual information and refrain from obscene language and personal attacks.
Section 9. Unacceptable Behavior – Disruptive behavior will result in expulsion from the meeting.
Section 10. Posting of Rules of Procedure and Conduct for Paonia Board of Trustees meetings – These rules of procedure and conduct shall be provided in the Town Hall meeting room for each Board of Trustees meeting so that all attendees know how the meeting will be conducted.